the content includes but not limited to
- use of tools and martials
- perception and observation
- imagery and visual language
- critical thinking and analysis
- connections between visual and other arts
Course No. 0101310 High School 0101020 Middle School
2 Semesters One Credit
Students will learn to concept and create a multitude of hands-on Art projects utilizing many different styles and media including Drawing in B/W and color, Acrylic and Watercolor painting, Paper and Photo Collage, Earth Clay and Polymer Clay 3D projects, Linoleum Block printing, Decorative Set Design, and more. Many projects will involve design and styles of various world cultures. An understanding of Art Vocabulary will play an important role.
After completing this course students will be able to:
- Display mastery of many visual art techniques used in a broad list of media.
- Relate a better understanding of art in styles of many different World cultures.
- Possess more confidence in their own creative skills.
I consider digital photography an artistic and technical relationship that requires the knowledge of camera equipment, lighting methods and creativity. Here at Millennium Academy students will learn composition, lighting and photo editing with Adobe Photoshop. The students were able to participate in the setup for class portrait photos, product photography and photography of classroom outdoor activities.
Students will learn:
• Photographic composition
• Using a camera mount Flash
• Basic DSLR camera settings
• Photography styles (portrait, product, and outdoor)
• Photo editing with Photoshop